Sunday 24 May 2015

The Body Shop Skin Care Haul (and review!)

Hola lovelies!

Oh my, it has been far too long since I last wrote on here! So much has been going on since 2nd year began and I feel like I've barely stopped!
So, it is exam season once again and even though I have plenty of work to be getting on with I am far too excited about some new skin care things I bought recently. I normally don't spend a lot on skin care, but I feel like after a Easter holiday full of essay writing (and a bit of travelling here and there), I wanted to treat myself, and luckily for me, The Body Shop had 40% (!!!!) discount online! PERFECT. Also, because most of this stuff I have either had for 3/4 weeks or about a week, I can give you a little review of everything!



The first thing I bought was this Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter. I'd always liked the thought of balm cleansers, or butter cleansers but they'd always been way of my budget (Emma Hardy I'm looking at you). However, I found this beauty of cleanser on the website, with raving reviews and decided for £7 with discount, it was a pretty good buy!
I've now been using this for 3 weeks and it is just lovely. It melts onto the skin and leaves it feeling so beautifully soft and hydrated. Although I don't usually wear a lot of face makeup, when I have I've been able to use it to remove makeup, even stubborn mascara, without too much trouble. I just smooth it into the skin and remove it with a warm muslin cloth. I feel like this product is going to last forever, since it has only a minor dent in it and I've used it for 3 weeks solidly! (£12 rrp)

The next thing I bought was this Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask, which is meant to be to cleanse and purify your pores, whilst pulling out all the rubbish from your pores. I've used this three times now and it does exactly that, although this does mean that I've had a few more spots than usual! But, of course this means in the long run my skin is being cleansed thoroughly, so not bad ;) It has such a nice cooling effect on the skin and has that satisfying changing of colour thing as it dries, making it so easy to know when it is ok to take off. It also comes in quite a big pot, making me think this is going to also last for a good amount of time. Again, like the cleanser it was around £7/£8 with the discount. (£13 rrp)

I recently ran out of my Nivea daily moisturiser, which I've used for a few years now but have been finding that it is becoming too heavy for my skin. My skin is not really oily nor dry so I have found that it can be difficult to find a moisturiser that is light enough to not make my skin feel greasy but also hydrating enough! Luckily, I heard good things about this Vitamin E Moisturiser (and the whole range in general), so decided to give it a go and it is really good! I have only been using this one for around a week, and so far I really like it. It is really light, and seems to disappear into the skin quickly. This was about £7 with the discount too. (£12 rrp)


I know I just said that I don't wear much face make-up very often, however I decided that I wanted to try some of The Body Shop's make-up range, mostly because Gracie Francesca on Youtube had raved about The Body Shop's All-in-One Instablur primer and Corrie from DizzyBrunette had recently bought the All-in-One BB cream of theirs. I really like this duo, I think I may have got a shade too dark (I got shade 01 instead of 00), but I can work with it so it is fine, and will probably work well for summer. It gives a good glow, really natural and stays put all day. For me, it isn't very obvious I have make up on, which is good since I don't normally wear make-up, so it could be more noticeable. The BB cream is really intriguing since it comes out a white liquid, however once you rub it in it is like these little beads pop and release the colour, I was a bit worried the first time I tried it! Basically, I really like these, I think together they work really well and I can see myself repurchasing these in the future. The BB cream was around £7 and the primer was around £8.50 with discount, of course ;). (£12 and £14 rrp)



And finally, I have finished! So this was quite the haul but it was over two orders (which is just as bad I realise...) but I am so impressed with The Body Shop, I have only generally shopped there for Tea Tree Oil and body butters back in the day when they were first popular! Also, just a little heads up, they ALWAYS have 40% off which is a really good deal so if you want to try any mid-high end skin care or make-up things! 
 Hope you enjoyed reading this, and I promise I will be back soon with some more things to blog about.
Bethany xx

No comments:

Post a Comment