Monday 15 September 2014

My Summer Travels: Budapest, Hungary

Hola lovelies!

 
After I came back from Montpellier, it wasn't long until I was back on a plane travelling again. This time it really was a holiday.. no school involved (yay!). Early September some friends, my boyfriend and I embarked upon a little European tour, where we visited Budapest, Vienna and Prague. Today's post looks at Budapest. It was a city that I can definitely see myself living in when I'm older, or at least revisiting!

Some elephants in Budapest Zoo
Not only was the nightlife very busy - we went to some crazy bars and pubs - but the history and architecture was beautiful. Personally, I'm not normally one for commenting on art but even I could appreciate it.

Heroes Square
There was one monument that really caught my eye, it was the Statue of Liberty which was situated on the top of a massive hill. The statue was a woman holding a feather above her head, and it represented Hungary being free from Nazi power. I really loved it as it reminded me of what this city had seen not that long ago. Also the views from the top were amazinnng! 

Statue of Liberty
The view from the top - looking over the River Danube
We were only there for 4 nights and 3 days so had to fit in a lot in a very small space of time, but I think we managed pretty well! 

Follow me for updates on when I post my next one in this series! 
Hope you enjoyed :-)

Bethany x

No comments:

Post a Comment